FIRST LADY DONATES TO ORPHANAGE AT AMASAMAN


As part of activities to mark her 66th birthday, the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, donated some items to the Chance for Children home at Amasaman on Sunday.

The international Non-Governmental Organisation, which is co-operated by a Ghanaian and a Swiss, seeks to among other things, reintegrate street children with their families.

Speaking during the delivery of the items, the first lady assured the institution of more support from her husband, President Akuffo-Addo as well as the ruling government.

“I know things are not easy for places like this in getting assistance but God has been good to me, I am 66 years old today.

I pray God blesses all of you and that you also enjoy all the things I have brought to you.”



I bring greetings from the President, Nana Akuffo Addo. He is also thinking of places like this, and I am sure that there will be some help one of these days, she added. Among the items, she donated were bags of rice, oil, diapers, shoes, Milo, and tissue papers.



The Director of the orphanage, Awuley Nartey, thanked the First Lady and assured her of the institution’s commitment to better cater for the children.




Source: citifmonline.com

Comments