Lil Wayne considered decamping to gospel rap


Celebrated American rapper, Lil Wayne, considered being a gospel rapper after serving his 8-month prison sentence at Rikers Island.

The 6 foot 7 foothit-maker revealed in his prison diary,#GoneTilNovember,that he received letters from the church urging him to use his talents to spread the gospel.

According to The Shaderoom, Lil Wayne spoke of his musical influences coming from money, cars and women but while he was locked up he was able to get inspiration from other sources.

‘Once that was all taken away from me, my creativity was put to the ultimate test,’ he writes. ‘And I passed that (expletive)!’

‘I would truly have the power of having pop culture turn to God,” he wrote. “I would have straight killers in church every Sunday.’

Comments