THE FIGHT FOR DANCE HALL QUEEN

Kaakie appears to have it in for fellow dancehall artist, MzVee since she returned to the music scene after a short break. This time, Kaakie says MzVee cannot hold herself as a proper act in the dancehall genre.
According to Kaakie, Mzvee does not express herself or her music through the Jamaican creole language, Patois. In an interview with Berla Mundi on Rythmz Live on GH One TV, Kaakie that during her professional break, MzVee became an acting queen of Dancehall in Ghana, but she had returned to claim her throne.


Kaakie said: “I don’t really give it to her because she is not really into dancehall. She is not really a dancehall artiste. For that, I would rather give it to AK Songstress if you are going strictly by category. Because rain or shine, she is still in dancehall.”
The singer continued to explain that dancehall is not just the beat or the lyrics; and using dancehall on a hiplife tune does not make it dancehall.  She added that MzVee instead uses “Pidgin most of the times” in her songs rather than Patois.

Kaakie insisted: “I sing in Patois. You can check from day one,  when I released ‘Too Much’, people thought I was Jamaican. There was nothing Ghanaian and thereafter, I needed to have people recognize me for where I come from so I decided to add a bit of local languages in the songs I do.”

Comments